Looney Labs Fluxx Mailing list Archive

Re: [Fluxx] Monty Python Preview Cards

  • FromAnestis Kozakis <kenosti@xxxxxxxxx>
  • DateTue, 5 Aug 2008 09:49:21 +1000
On 2008/08/04 7:34 PM -0400, Bryan Stout gave their opinion about the topic of Re: [Fluxx] Monty Python Preview Cards...
Here are my comments, suggestions and questions:

1) Thanks very much for the sneak peak!  I've been eager for it.

2) Hovercraft: Why subtract one? Wouldn't it be simpler -- at least less wordy -- to just add the two numbers and list the choices from 2 to 8?

Then you would have people complaining that the choices start from 2 to 8.

3) Hovercraft and Inflation: two possibilities:
 A) Add "This card not affected by Inflation" in small print at the bottom.
 B) Spell out *all* the numerals, not just '3'.

I have to agree here.

4) Get On With It: Does "your turn ends immediately" imply that you can skip Hand and Keeper Limits?

I would say no. I have never known a situation in flux where you can ignore the Hand and keeper Limits.

During your turn, you can have as many cards in your hand and keepers in front of you as you like. As soon as your turn ends, you must obey hand and keeper limits, so I don't see how that would change with this card.

5) The Cheese Shop: Will there be icons? (For example, a Keeper and a Creeper, each with the "None" symbol over it [the red circle and diagonal -- does it have a name?], and the empty hand from the "Hand Limit 0" card, and "You Alone" over the whole thing.)

I think it's fine as it is.

6) The Cheese Shop: Are there any cards in the deck which make it easier for one player to empty his hand? I'd once thought of a goal of having the only empty hand, but considered too difficult to achieve. Maybe I just haven't noticed an obvious strategy.

Hand Limit 0.  Draw 1,2,3 and play more than that number (Play 2, 3, All, etc).

It's happened to us many times, so it is very easy to do.

7) The Knights Who Say "Ni!": Wonderful! It would be even better if it were neutralized if a card with "It" is on the table -- like "Get On With It".

Not sure what you're getting at here.

Regards,
Bryan

Anestis.

[snip]
--
Scissorsmith - "At the fork in the road, take the rocky path. it will lead you to the dragon's lair",
Samurai Jack - "Where does the other path go?"