On 2008/08/04 7:34 PM -0400, Bryan Stout gave their opinion about the
topic of Re: [Fluxx] Monty Python Preview Cards...
Here are my comments, suggestions and questions:
1) Thanks very much for the sneak peak! I've been eager for it.
2) Hovercraft: Why subtract one? Wouldn't it be simpler -- at least
less wordy -- to just add the two numbers and list the choices from
2 to 8?
Then you would have people complaining that the choices start from 2 to 8.
3) Hovercraft and Inflation: two possibilities:
A) Add "This card not affected by Inflation" in small print at the bottom.
B) Spell out *all* the numerals, not just '3'.
I have to agree here.
4) Get On With It: Does "your turn ends immediately" imply that you
can skip Hand and Keeper Limits?
I would say no. I have never known a situation in flux where you can
ignore the Hand and keeper Limits.
During your turn, you can have as many cards in your hand and keepers
in front of you as you like. As soon as your turn ends, you must
obey hand and keeper limits, so I don't see how that would change
with this card.
5) The Cheese Shop: Will there be icons? (For example, a Keeper and
a Creeper, each with the "None" symbol over it [the red circle and
diagonal -- does it have a name?], and the empty hand from the
"Hand Limit 0" card, and "You Alone" over the whole thing.)
I think it's fine as it is.
6) The Cheese Shop: Are there any cards in the deck which make it
easier for one player to empty his hand? I'd once thought of a goal
of having the only empty hand, but considered too difficult to
achieve. Maybe I just haven't noticed an obvious strategy.
Hand Limit 0. Draw 1,2,3 and play more than that number (Play 2, 3, All, etc).
It's happened to us many times, so it is very easy to do.
7) The Knights Who Say "Ni!": Wonderful! It would be even better
if it were neutralized if a card with "It" is on the table -- like
"Get On With It".
Not sure what you're getting at here.
Scissorsmith - "At the fork in the road, take the rocky path. it
will lead you to the dragon's lair",
Samurai Jack - "Where does the other path go?"
ScissorSmith - "Space Ace".
-- Samurai Jack, Episode XXI