Looney Labs Fluxx Mailing list Archive

Re: [Fluxx] "Able to draw the extra cards you were supposed to get"

  • FromBuddha Buck <blaisepascal@xxxxxxxxx>
  • DateSun, 11 Jan 2009 17:45:55 -0500
On Sun, Jan 11, 2009 at 4:26 PM, Bryan Stout <bryan.stout@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> B)  The proposed policy would allow most Actions to be played multiple
> times in a turn.  You play it, carry it out, and discard it; it
> immediately goes into the draw pile and is drawn, to be played again.
> You can't do this with Take Another Turn, since it would only be
> discarded after the extra turn is over, but imagine having Taxation!
> or Steal A Keeper played 8 times in a turn*

  [[snip]]

> * You can end up having an effective Draw 8 rule if the following New
> Rules and Keepers are in play: Draw 5, The Party, Party Bonus, and
> Inflation.

So what combination of New Rules and Keepers would be necessary to
both Draw 8 and Play 8, both of which would be necessary to play
Taxation! or Steal A Keeper 8 times in a turn?

I would argue that "Play All" isn't a reasonable answer since we are
discussing a situation where there are no cards in the draw or discard
piles.  If you can explain how to get no cards in the draw or discard
piles while Play All is in play, I'll take back this argument.