Looney Labs Fluxx Mailing list Archive

Re: [Fluxx] Nothing to draw

  • FromAnestis Kozakis <kenosti@xxxxxxxxx>
  • DateMon, 12 Jan 2009 13:14:17 +1100
2009/1/12 Andy Looney <andy@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>:
>> Assuming your turn isn't over, you'll be able to draw the extra card(s)
>
> you
>>
>> were supposed to get during the Draw phase, the same way you draw more
>
> cards
>>
>> if you increase the Draw amount during your turn.
>
> I take this back. I don't know what I was thinking. This is a Quota-Style
> mentality which we've since ruled out. During the draw phase you draw as
> many as you can get and move on.
>
> I've never actually been in a game where this has happened, so I'm just
> theorizing here anyway. Such a situation is exceedingly rare.

I have to say it hasn't happened in any game I've played.

The games I play are foccussed on trying to achieve goals, or forcing
people to discard so they can't achieve goals, which usually resolves
in lots of plays and discards.

Can be quite vicious too.

The only way I can see it happening is if you are playing with 10 or
more people, Draw 5, Play 1, and no one playing any "Hand Limit X" or
"Play X" cards.

> -- Andy

Anestis.
--