Re: [Icehouse] What about Volcano?

  • From"Ryan McGuire and Kerry Breitenbach" <kerry_and_ryan@xxxxxxx>
  • DateWed, 1 Mar 2006 22:08:51 -0500
----- Original Message ----- From: "A Ross" <adross@xxxxxxx>
Subject: RE: [Icehouse] What about Volcano?
I'm sad to hear that the newest color is going to be opaque.
I personally don't care for the opaque pieces because if a medium or large
opaque piece (white, black, or gray) is standing up on the table you can't
tell if there are any smaller pieces underneath it without lifting it up (or
looking under the table if you happen to have a glass tabletop).

Just in case anyone is keeping score...
I feel just the opposite. I'm actually glad the next color is opaque. It's always possible to simulate transparency with opaque pieces by picking up the large and seeing what color small is underneath. However it's really tough to go the other way. If you hide a red, blue, green, or yellow small under large yellow, it's going to be REALLY tought for me to pretend I can't tell which it is.

Opaque grey versus opaque red: Hmmm... I think I like grey better. No, wait... I'm sure I do.

Ryan