Re: [Icehouse] Possible Zendo game at SDG

  • FromDoug Orleans <dougorleans@xxxxxxxxx>
  • DateSat, 4 Mar 2006 11:29:11 -0500
Aaron Dalton writes:
 > 1) I realize that koans can be very freeform.  By necessity however, an
 > online implementation would impose some basic restrictions on the types
 > of koans that could be generated.  My current plan is to design a set of
 > text commands that can be used to auto-generate PNG images of various
 > pyramid configurations.  The restrictions that immediatly come to mind
 > are the following:
 >    - Pyramids could probably only face up, N, E, S, and W.  No leaning =(
 >    - Multiple pyramids would likely need to be arranged in a square
 > grid-like relationship to one another and not in nice circles or wavy lines.

I think you can do better than this-- some of us used POV-Ray to
generate koans for the LiveJournal Zendo games, and it's not that
difficult to generate some pretty non-boring koans.  If you can make
a simplified interface to the POV-Ray language (specific to building
koans) this might work pretty well.

http://community.livejournal.com/zendo/profile
http://home.att.net/~kerry_and_ryan/POVRay.html

Personally, though, I'd rather see a Gnostica implementation...

--dougorleans@xxxxxxxxx