Re: [Icehouse] Possible Zendo game at SDG

  • FromDoug Orleans <dougorleans@xxxxxxxxx>
  • DateFri, 10 Mar 2006 11:43:25 -0500
Aaron Dalton writes:
 > I'm wondering if I should simply *facilitate* online Zendo first, and
 > then see if I can adapt the SDG paradigm.  I really like the Povray
 > approach and Ryan McGuire's Povray includes make it so much easier.  I
 > was thinking I could:
 >    - create a koan creator that parses povray files and generates the
 > image files
 >    - create a searchable koan library so common koans don't have to be
 > re-created every time
 >    - create a koan requestor system so people who can't get the hang of
 > the povray syntax can request a given koan and somebody else can create
 > it for them
 >    - provide wiki space for online play in whatever format seems to work
 > best

These all sound good.  But not easy.  Also it would be great to have a
simpler language (or web UI) in front of POV-Ray that could handle
simple koans.  Maybe this is just a matter of more macros?  I don't
have any specific ideas for this, it's been a while since I thought
about it.

 > I would probably animate the koans.  It's not really necessary I guess
 > though.  Here's an example:
 > http://superdupergames.org/images/animate.gif

Nice.  Another possibility might be VRML, so that players could
manipulate the koan directly in 3D, but that would require a special
viewer.

--dougorleans@xxxxxxxxx