Re: [Icehouse] Single-Stash/Treehouse Games for "Pocket Pyramids" PDF

  • From"Carlton Noles" <carlton.noles@xxxxxxxxx>
  • DateTue, 24 Apr 2007 10:14:02 -0400
Always a straight line. With the bear you can push your opponents further out to gain an advantage. And a bear can push any number of pieces in a straight line. If a bear pushes a piece off the board they start over. A hare can jump of the board but why would you do that?

On 4/23/07, David Artman <david@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> From: "Carlton Noles" <carlton.noles@xxxxxxxxx>
> What is intended there is that any piece may make a special move
> before and instead of the die roll. After the die roll the player must
> move a piece and only the moved piece may make a special move. So if
> you make a special move before rolling the die your turn is over. if
> you roll the die you MUST move and only the moved piece may make a
> special move after moving. Did that help?

Yep. I'll expand the text when I begin formatting the book (or you can
go ahead and expand it on the wiki, as above, and I'll pick it up when
I begin).

Follow-up question that I forgot in the original post: When a Bear
pushes or a Hare hops near/at a turn/corner of the inward spiral route,
does the pushed piece (or the hopping Hare) turn the corner or does it
get pushed/hopped in a straight line, regardless of the spiral 9and,
thus, pushed/hopped further out on the board)?
-----
Hmmm... anyone know how long the wiki has been broken? ERROR:
Fatal error: main(): Failed opening required
'/home/misuba/icehousegames_org/wiki/extensions/SpamBlacklist/SpamBlacklist.php'

Wonder how the spam blacklist file got corrupted/deleted. More
importantly, I wonder if the games are all still there--most of my
games have no other copy, which I will remedy the moment I can get back
on the site and see games. I recommend others do so as well, as it seems
that we don't have a secure site (or updated wiki code, or a responsive
admin).

Finally, those of you who've e-mailed me to let me know about your new
single-stash games: I'll include whatever I can find on the wiki,
assuming the game is tested (or verified unbreakable) and open (CC
License). BUT, there has to be a cutoff sometime, and that cutoff will
be when I post the first draft for extra-eyes review. After that, the
only changes will be corrections. Sorry, but I could be adding games
for the next year and a half, if I don't draw a hard line in the sand
SOMEDAY. Thanks for making great games, though--keep it up!

(Quick Aside: We could use more games that require Volcano Caps or
Martian Coasters, to further promote the product line. Maybe the next
Design Competition's "requirement theme"--as opposed to "stylistic
theme," like in the Iron Game Chef--could be one or both of those?)

David