RE: [Icehouse] Single-Stash/Treehouse Games for "Pocket Pyramids" PDF

  • DateTue, 24 Apr 2007 07:57:45 -0700

Thanks for the Bear clarification (put on the wiki, please?).

To answer your question: it's not so much that a Hare would WANT to do
so; rather, I am wondering if there's a situation where hopping would
be a step (several steps) backwards. For instance:
---------
| |H|O| |
----\/---
| | | | |
---------
H = Hare
O = Opponent piece, currently at the turn/corner for an inner spiral
(shown by the \/)

That Hare wouldn't want to hop that opponent, because it would end up
back on the outer portion of the spiral path. In effect, that hare is
"pinned" to that position until the other piece moves, right? Because
it can't "turn the corner in mid air" when hopping, right?

Thanks for clarifying--be sure to update the wiki with examples and
clarifications (so I don't forget to include them in the PDF). Thanks;
David