Re: [Icehouse] Xeno color mapping for Homeworlds

  • FromMarc Hartstein <marc.hartstein@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • DateMon, 4 Jun 2007 18:25:05 -0400
On Mon, Jun 04, 2007 at 06:10:45PM -0400, Andy Looney wrote:

> But perhaps James has the answer:
>
> >Blue=Cyan Obvious correlation
> >Red=Orange Hottest colours
> >Yellow=Clear Lightest colours
> >Green=Purple Both are one step from blue
>
> That's not bad, actually... the Green-Purple becomes the hard one to
> remember, but Jacob seemed to think they work logically, and they're both
> in the cool end of the spectrum... I think I could live with this choice,
> what do others think? (In particular, TwoShort and Zoltar?)

Well, Purple/Green will be easy for any Drazi Starship Captains to
remember (although they might object strenuously), or any other fans of
Bablyon 5.

My actual 2c, FWIW: I think all of the suggestions out there have at
least one pairing which is non-obvious and really "the leftovers".  I
think this set of pairings has the three tightest couplings within the
pairings which are easy, and the one arbitrary one isn't inherently
confusing, just arbitrary.

IANASC, but I'd go with this one.