Re: [Icehouse] Treehouse wins Best Board Game of the Year

  • From"Eric Wald" <eswald@xxxxxxxxx>
  • DateTue, 17 Jul 2007 09:50:13 -0600
On 7/16/07, David Artman wrote:
It seems to me that, if we pimp Fluxx over pyramids, then we're reaching
further "back" for past successes (1999--8 years ago) than really taking
advantage of current hotness (2005 Mensa, 2007 Origins). I'm not a marketing
genius (but I did stay at a Holiday Inn once, years ago) yet it seems kind
of backwards, even though Zombie Fluxx *is* the next big game.

Even worse, I find that Fluxx has a much more limited audience than
Treehouse.  Face it, not everyone is an avid gamer; for many, Settlers
of Catan achieves the absolute maximum complexity possible in a game
that they can still consider fun; for others, even that's a little too
much.  Fluxx exceeds that.

In my experience, people are less likely to try Treehouse if they know
it was designed by the makers of Fluxx.  Then again, I don't know that
many gamers.

- Eric