Re: [Icehouse] Treehouse wins Best Board Game of the Year

  • From"Eric Wald" <eswald@xxxxxxxxx>
  • DateThu, 19 Jul 2007 10:16:16 -0600
On 7/17/07, Tucker wrote:
>Wah?  Fluxx more complicated than Settlers?  I guess it's a matter of
>opinion but, woah, I totally don't see that.

Me either. It's more /chaotic/ than Settlers, yeah, but that's not at all
the same thing.

I'll give you that.  Unfortunately, the same kind of mind that gets
blown by a few simple rules that happen to change during the game also
confuses chaos with complexity, and complains about it.

I'm sure this came up last year, but: Treehouse is a lot like Fluxx with
Icehouse pieces. (Although a friend of a friend once described Fluxx as
"crack for bored smart people," which doesn't really fit Treehouse.)

Now that I think about it, both have the property of working toward a
moving target, leading to long periods of no apparent progress followed
by a sudden win.  I have also fielded complaints about that.  Treehouse
at least has the benefit of quicker games, but it's possible that those
who dislike Fluxx for that reason have a reason to distrust Treehouse.

- Eric