Re: [Icehouse] Does the IGDC matter?

  • From"Jason Spears" <spielboy@xxxxxxxxx>
  • DateThu, 21 Feb 2008 16:28:16 -0500
As a fan of Reiner Knizia games* and the Gipf series, I have no
problems with the game being themeless. I was thinking the other day
that I needed to get more Icehouse games to the table (piecepack to
come, as I just made up a set last night.)

I want to play Zendo more. I want to play homeworlds with a group of 6.

Fortunately my lunch gaming partner is as keen on abstract luckless
games as I am, so we get some of those to the table then. (We started
work on our own icehouse game on Wednesday, no idea if it will
progress to be a game worth publishing.)

But you bring up a VERY good point Jorge. Presentation means a LOT to
many gamers. They want to be presented with pretty pictures and a bit
of story, even if some will claim it is pasted on, it seems to help
sell the game. (In this usage "sell" can mean both $ and just getting
someone to try it.)

-Jason

*Kidding, don't get your knickers in a twist.