Re: [Icehouse] Does the IGDC matter?

  • Frommiyu <xmiyux@xxxxxxxxx>
  • DateThu, 21 Feb 2008 17:21:32 -0500
Count me as one of those people who wants a theme.  If I'm craving an abstract I play Go, otherwise I tend to gravitate to some sort of theme - even if the theme is pasted on.  Case in point:  I keep wanting to try the game Branches, Twigs, Thorns for no other reason than the imagery of the tree seems kind of captivating.

When I taught Virus Fight to my class today I went into detail how the board represented the computer memory and their programs had a limited amount of space in which to operate etc.

I think themes are useful for people who like to make up stories in their heads for things they are doing. :D

                               -Ryan

--
Ora, lege, lege, lege, relege, labora et invenies.