Re: [Icehouse] Does the IGDC matter?

  • FromDoug Orleans <dougorleans@xxxxxxxxx>
  • DateThu, 21 Feb 2008 14:11:49 -0500
James Hamilton writes:
 > I'm just saying there are probably many people like me who don't
 > know many games and therefore feel no interest in helping create
 > MORE. Maybe that's the secret; convince me why I should worry about
 > new games and more people like me will judge the next batch of 'em.

Personally speaking, I'm unsatisfied with the games we have now.  I
mean, there are several that I think are pretty good and that I
generally enjoy playing, but there's nowhere near enough for me to
justify owning a set of Icehouse pyramids.  The design competitions
are a way to focus both game designers' energy and game players'
attention on some candidates for the next great game, or even just the
next pretty good game that fills a niche (e.g. 2HOUSE).

--dougorleans@xxxxxxxxx