Re: [Icehouse] Icehouse / Treehouse forum?

  • From"Jason Spears" <spielboy@xxxxxxxxx>
  • DateFri, 7 Mar 2008 13:48:31 -0500
I'd like to the list to a place with more functions. A regular forum,
as was announced doesn't excite me, but I'll subscribe via my rss to
keep tabs on what is afoot.

While I'll probably try to keep tabs where ever people decide to go,
I'll go ahead and toot the BGG horn again (this will be the last time
I bring it up):
* Email functionality - Sorta, not really, you can subscribe to thread
and bgg will send you a notice when a reply has been posted (only the
first, no more till you visit again) AND you can have your BGG notices
forwarding to your personal email.
* RSS - Functionality is there and quite useful (for me anyhow)
* Voting - Yes, through the use of thumbs
* Membership - This is required, but hardly onerous.
* File Posting - Yes, this is available, but not ideal, as the file
admins have to approve files
* Easy linking to game pages, easy uploading & sharing of pictures,
* Easy to ignore that one dude who bugs you so much, through use of
*ignore this user's post* feature
* Calendar - No... But there is wiki space available, so it would be
easy enough to show a calendar there, I'm not sure what other
functions people wanted.

Cheers,
Jason