Re: [Icehouse] Zark City: Attacking with Aces

  • FromChristopher Hickman <tophu@xxxxxxx>
  • DateMon, 24 Mar 2008 09:19:49 -0700
On Monday, March 24, 2008, at 11:53AM, "Andy Looney" <andy@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

>All that said, I agree that it would be good to have more attack cards, so
>for version 1.2 of the rules I'm planning to add this clause: "Aces are
>considered Face cards, not Number cards." I like this because A is not a
>number, and Aces are expected to be powerful.

Yeah, that irked me on my first game.  I had two kings and an ace.  I was annoyed that the "number" I had to choose was "A" (which, as you noted, is not a fracking number).

>As for the feeling that the 10 (and now the 2) are slightly undervalued,
>well, that doesn't bother me. Not everything needs to be balanced.

If nothing sucks, how can one bitch about getting screwed by the shuffle. ;)

>Thanks as always to everyone for their input! Keep on playing!

I shall.  I like this game!