Re: [Icehouse] Poll: How Do You Store?

  • FromDon Sheldon <don.sheldon@xxxxxxxxx>
  • DateThu, 5 Mar 2009 15:34:31 -0500
On 3/5/09, Christopher Hickman <tophu@xxxxxxx> wrote:
> Does anybody in Richmond understand how to play this.  I've read the rules a
> few times and haven't grokked it.  Maybe the next time I'm in the DC metro
> I'll just call the Emperor himself and challenge him to a game.  He'll be
> unable to resist! Mwahahaha!

It's much easier to learn in person.  If you've read the rules and
you're not getting it you'll probably be able to understand it fully
in five minutes of hands on work.  Or, if you head over to
superdupergames.org, their implementation of Homeworlds (up to four
players with last man standing and sinister, but not good vs evil
options) is sometimes a little clunky, but very functional.  Challenge
dsheldon (or email me your userid and I'll challenge you) to an
unrated learning game.  I just did one for miyu and I get the sense
that it was highly appreciated.

Here is the transcript of that game:
http://superdupergames.org/main.html?page=play_homeworlds&num=12918

Scroll down to where the dialog area is, set the scrollback buffer to
0 (for no limit) and then read it from bottom to top as I try to give
commentary and educational insights.  Pull out your 'mids and try to
play along.  (I think this will work, I'm not sure if you have to log
in or what.)

Hrnggg.  Urge to make "How to Play Homeworlds" youtube video...
Rising...  Again...

--