Re: [Icehouse] Poll: How Do You Store?

  • From"Elliott C. Evans" <eeyore@xxxxxxxx>
  • DateWed, 04 Mar 2009 11:24:22 -0500
David Artman wrote:
Q1) How do you store your pyramids? Be specific (e.g. stacks of
 nests in tubes in a Purple Bag; nests upright in a custom wooden
box with foam padding; etc).

Several different answers here.

My traveling sets are in tubes in a large briefcase. The briefcase
is packed with a couple dozen games and other game accessories. The
tubes sometimes get pulled out and packed into smaller containers
if I don't want to take the 25 pound briefcase.

My home sets are mostly separated into mono-color stashes, stored
in one of those sets of little plastic drawers that are usually used
for storing sorted hardware. The drawers hold solid resin, xyloid,
hollow plastic, filled plastic, minimice, and homemade wood pieces.
I also have five stone stashes in their original protective boxes, a
few sealed tubes of mono- and penta- color stacks for the archive,
and a couple of boxed sets including some sealed ones.

Q2) How did you purchase your collection of pyramids? Be specific
(e.g. all mono stashes, over years; some mono, some Treehouse; all
Treehouse, except for gray and pink; etc).

I purchased my collection over 19 years, buying whatever was being
sold at the time. Yes, I have a problem.

Q3) Do you think your storage solution is impacted by the product
package? If so, how so?

No. I let the Looneys worry about their business, and I worry about
myself. I only recently switched to tubes for my traveling sets. I
used homemade stash boxes ( http://www.ee0r.com/proj/ministash.html )
for many years but I got tired of having to make a new one every
time Looney Labs released a new color.

--
Elliott C. "Eeyore" Evans
eeyore@xxxxxxxx