Re: [Icehouse] Poll: How Do You Store?

  • FromJason Darrah <fsckmydisk@xxxxxxxxx>
  • DateThu, 5 Mar 2009 14:41:39 -0500

Q1) How do you store your pyramids? Be specific (e.g. stacks of nests in tubes in a Purple Bag; nests upright in a custom wooden box with foam padding; etc).

I keep my pyramids in a Crown Royal Special Reserve bag. It's purple and velvety and holds my entire collection!

I also have a regular Crown Royal bag that I keep my pyramid accessories in - Martian Coasters, Zendo stones, rule and literature cards, Treehouse dice, regular dice, chessboard bandana, an empty tube, and a custom deck of tarot cards that I designed for Gnostica. I usually throw in a Fluxx/Stoner Fluxx deck and cosmic coasters too.

Q2) How did you purchase your collection of pyramids? Be specific (e.g. all mono stashes, over years; some mono, some Treehouse; all Treehouse, except for gray and pink; etc).

I found a copy of Ice Towers at my FLGS (after a few weeks of saving up and playing with homemade origami pieces- I was a broke college student at the time).

I picked up an orange stash and some Treehouse dice after that, as well as a gray stash. I'm currently rounding out my collection with rainbow pieces, and I've suspiciously been told not to buy a pink stash yet by my significant other, so I think that's going to be a housewarming gift once we move. :)

Q3) Do you think your storage solution is impacted by the product package? If so, how so?

I'm too lazy to put my pieces back in the tubes, so I'd say yes. I also just like keeping them in a bag.

Of course once I get enough free time and the materials to make a custom briefcase-like storage case, I'll probably have to revise my statement somewhat.