Re: [Icehouse] IGDC initial design for feedback

  • From<karlvonl@xxxxxxx>
  • DateThu, 19 Mar 2009 13:23:19 -0400 (EDT)
Joshua Kronengold writes:
>Also, MegaVolcano (MEGA VOLCANO!) playes with 8 stashes; this is far
>from the only game with extreme requirements.

Yeah, but Mega Volcano exists not because the design of Volcano by its very nature requires so many colors, but because they thought it would be a neat idea to expand Volcano to use all of the colors that existed at the time (9). Now that there are 12 colors in existence, you could expand it to a 7x7 board and call it "Giga Volcano". But that wouldn't mean that the core concept of Volcano requires so many colors.

I would guess that most viable Icehouse game concepts can be implemented with 5 mono stashes, and that most games that require an extreme number of colors were designed specifically to take advantage of the designer's extensive collection.