Re: [Icehouse] Homeworlds Terminology

  • FromJoshua Kronengold <mneme@xxxxxx>
  • DateThu, 2 Apr 2009 15:56:51 -0500
David L. Willson writes:
>Absolutely, I keep wondering what Homeworlds Pie is, as a devotee of
>Homeworlds, Pie, and Pi (if that matters), but I don't want to look
>like a newb, so I refuse to ask...  :-)

It's not a homeworlds term per se, so no worries there.

Pie is a shorthand for a type of rule that is used to divide a slice
of pie equitably -- one person divides it into two apparently equal
portions.  The other person then decides which slice they want.

Therefore, "you cut, I choose" (or vice versa) rules are sometimes
referred to as "pie".

--
       Joshua Kronengold (mneme@(io.com, labcats.org)) |\      _,,,--,,_  ,)
--^--   "Did you know, if you increment enough, you   /,`.-'`'   -,  ;-;;'