Re: [Icehouse] Wherefore 3HOUSE?

  • FromDavid Artman <david.artman@xxxxxxxxx>
  • DateWed, 5 May 2010 19:30:23 -0400

There's a lot of indie RPGs doing actual play videos, and they sell books, big time.

Something to consider as an Ice-house marketing angle.

On May 5, 2010 7:12 PM, "miyu" <xmiyux@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

And to extend on that idea.  Videos are Youtube teaching a game are heavenly. I'm completely inept at reading comprehension for rules and have to sit down and hash through everything.  I played Penguin Soccer wrong for a long time until I got into a match online that enforced the rules.

Anymore my game collection has gotten so large that when I go to order a new game I google around to see if there are videos that teach me the game.  If there are - I buy - (Agricola was the perfect example of this).  If there aren't I look at the next game on my want list.

I realize it is a bit lazy - but when I have limited funds and a list of games I want a mile long then ease of learning them is a big deal.  That is why I have yet, to this day, learned how to play Icehouse.  I just don't grok the written rules.

                                -Ryan

---
Ora, lege, lege, lege, relege, labora et invenies.