Re: [Rabbits] Pyramid Storage

  • From"Elliott C. Evans" <eeyore@xxxxxxxx>
  • DateTue, 09 Nov 2010 09:52:51 -0500
Kyle T. wrote:
> I'm wondering if I should bother buying empty
> tubes to put them in.

Tubes are fine solution, in my opinion.

> if I get a bunch of tubes will I be regretting it next
> summer and spending again for some new storage?

The packaging of the pyramids has changed every few
years for the past twenty years. It's best to not get too
caught up in staying up to date.

> Aside from tubes, are there any specific ways other
> rabbits store their pyramids by stash?

At home, I have one of those hardware storage
cabinets that has about sixty identical, small, plastic
drawers. That works well for both filled and hollow
pieces. It's not very portable, though.

For their convention kit, the Looneys have a container
of snack-size ziplock-type bags, each with one stash in
it. That's very flexible and easily expandable.

> Do any rabbits have suggestions / pics for storing a
> bunch of random pyramids together in a neat
> manner? (i.e. not shoebox of loose pyramids)

My best advice is to find a solution you can buy easily
and cheaply. At one point, I was making my own stash
boxes, but it turned into a pain after several years.

One idea I've had is to get a "small parts organizer".
These are drawstring bags with six internal
compartments. They're soft-sided, flexible, and meant
to stack in those utility buckets. Not cheap, though.

--
Elliott C. "Eeyore" Evans
eeyore@xxxxxxxx