Re: [Rabbits] Pyramid Storage

  • FromSam Zitin <sammyz@xxxxxxxxx>
  • DateTue, 9 Nov 2010 10:14:27 -0500

On Tue, Nov 9, 2010 at 10:08 AM, Tim Seiger <ts52@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On Tue, Nov 9, 2010 at 9:52 AM, Elliott C. Evans <eeyore@xxxxxxxx> wrote:

My best advice is to find a solution you can buy easily
and cheaply. At one point, I was making my own stash
boxes, but it turned into a pain after several years.

One idea I've had is to get a "small parts organizer".
These are drawstring bags with six internal
compartments. They're soft-sided, flexible, and meant
to stack in those utility buckets. Not cheap, though.

 I actually bought one of these, after reading about someone using them for dice. I picked one up at the local hardware store for under $20. But, while it holds a lot of pyramids, I don't think it's the right solution for me. The pockets are big enough to hold 3 or 4 stashes each, and the canvas is stiff enough that it doesn't really compress down if you don't fill it. I do like the design, though, a bucket shaped bag with six pie slice pockets in it, I'd just like it more a little smaller and in a different fabric. One of these days I might try to make one.

For now, I'm storing the bulk of my pieces in two Black Ice bags. I've got six nesting stashes in each, as well as a chessboard bandanna, martian coasters, treehouse dice, 3house rules and rules for a couple other games. Once I realized that most of the games I currently play only need a 3house set, I re-organized a bit. The bulk of the pieces are in the bottom of the bag, then the bandanna, and 3house on top! Now I can quickly get at the pieces I need for Zark City or Binary Homeworlds, but I still have the rest of my pieces for when I want to play Volcano.

-Tim

My buddy has one of those for his dice and likes it quite a bit.  It doesn't seem the ideal set up for 10 stashes however.  One of the better solutions I've seen was tubes and one of those plastic clipboards with storage inside for papers or something.  It neatly held 10 tubes next to each other and made a nifty case.

I personally have a Crystal Caste battle hive miniatures case, and have one of the 2" layers of foam cut with channels to hold 2 tubes each.  This works pretty well as a whole gaming case, but it can be a little unwieldy if I only want to take my pyramid stuff.

I've been contemplating getting Battlefoam.com to custom cut a foam tray for me with cut outs for stacks of 5 nested pyramids.  This way I wouldn't have to fumble with getting them into tubes each time but it's definitely expensive and probably not worth the cost.

--
Sam Zitin
Director of Information Management