Re: [Rabbits] Pyramid Storage

  • FromTim Seiger <ts52@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • DateTue, 9 Nov 2010 10:08:59 -0500
On Tue, Nov 9, 2010 at 9:52 AM, Elliott C. Evans <eeyore@xxxxxxxx> wrote:

My best advice is to find a solution you can buy easily
and cheaply. At one point, I was making my own stash
boxes, but it turned into a pain after several years.

One idea I've had is to get a "small parts organizer".
These are drawstring bags with six internal
compartments. They're soft-sided, flexible, and meant
to stack in those utility buckets. Not cheap, though.

 I actually bought one of these, after reading about someone using them for dice. I picked one up at the local hardware store for under $20. But, while it holds a lot of pyramids, I don't think it's the right solution for me. The pockets are big enough to hold 3 or 4 stashes each, and the canvas is stiff enough that it doesn't really compress down if you don't fill it. I do like the design, though, a bucket shaped bag with six pie slice pockets in it, I'd just like it more a little smaller and in a different fabric. One of these days I might try to make one.

For now, I'm storing the bulk of my pieces in two Black Ice bags. I've got six nesting stashes in each, as well as a chessboard bandanna, martian coasters, treehouse dice, 3house rules and rules for a couple other games. Once I realized that most of the games I currently play only need a 3house set, I re-organized a bit. The bulk of the pieces are in the bottom of the bag, then the bandanna, and 3house on top! Now I can quickly get at the pieces I need for Zark City or Binary Homeworlds, but I still have the rest of my pieces for when I want to play Volcano.

-Tim