Looney Labs Something Mailing list Archive

RE: [Something] Selling mtg cards

  • From"Elliott C. Evans" <eeyore@xxxxxxxx>
  • DateWed, 24 Oct 2007 08:26:16 -0700 (PDT)
David wrote:
> 432 cars, brand new, with pack storage boxes to spare (36) and a larger
> (flimsy) storage box for $19 (23¢ a card--hard to beat, for brand new
> cards).

Actually, it's 4 cents per card (You want to divide the price by the
number of cards, not vice versa.), *but* you still have to figure in
the price of the sticker sheets and the time you spend cutting,
applying, and trimming the stickers. Plus, your deck says "Shadowfist"
on the back and you make Shadowfist designers cry.

432 Plaincards are only about 7 cents each with blank backs, and you
just print out onto the cards. There's a bit of labor in punching them
out, but they have nice rounded corners and you can even print out
custom backs.

I mean, I hate to sound like a Plaincards salesperson (I don't get
any financial compensation from them), but their product completes well
cost-wise, saves time/effort, and produces nicer cards. The cards still
have a "home made" quality to them, but not a "hacked together" quality
like repurposed cards.

Anyway, just my opinion. Reasoned, experienced, and well informed, but
my opinion nevertheless. =^>

--
Elliott C. "Eeyore" Evans
eeyore@xxxxxxxx