Looney Labs Something Mailing list Archive

RE: [Something] Making cards (was: Selling mtg cards)

  • From"Elliott C. Evans" <eeyore@xxxxxxxx>
  • DateThu, 25 Oct 2007 07:15:54 -0700 (PDT)
Scott S. wrote:
> In any case, I read on their site that their cards (standard
> playing cards) come in 3.5x2.5 (too big for Fluxx) and 3.5x2.375.
> However, my tape measure shows that Fluxx cards measure in at 3.5
> (just under actually)x2.25.  So, how do they stack up against
> Fluxx cards size wise? Is there a large noticeable difference
> between the size of the cards?

Those measurements are all accurate. There is a noticeable size
difference between the Plaincards I have and the Fluxx 3.0 deck
I have.

For printing custom Fluxx cards, I'd either run Blanxx through
the printer on a carrier sheet, or use the sticker method. Avery
has full-sheet clear clear labels now, which should be handy for
adding text to a Blanxx card.

Plaincards aren't really useful for adding cards to an existing
game. They're mostly sueful for entire custom decks.

> On their site it does say that they work fine through most modern
> printers, but they say some of the older printers have a sharp
> turn which may cause the cards to separate (what older means in
> terms of computers, I can't say for certain).  As well, apparently
> there have been some complaints about the HP all-in-ones. I happen
> to have one of those, so I'm asking for more information myself.

I mostly just use my Canon inkjet, which has a fairly straight
paper path, so I can't really say. I guess I could run a test
with the laser printer that has a 180 degree bend in the path
and see what happens...

--
Elliott C. "Eeyore" Evans
eeyore@xxxxxxxx