Looney Labs Something Mailing list Archive

RE: [Something] Making cards (was: Selling mtg cards)

  • FromScott Sulzer <ssulzer@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • DateThu, 25 Oct 2007 05:03:41 -0700
Alright, I have a question (or two or so maybe) about the PlainCards because
I have been trying to create some of my own card sets for Fluxx (I'm still
working on it).  In any case, I read on their site that their cards
(standard playing cards) come in 3.5x2.5 (too big for Fluxx) and 3.5x2.375.
However, my tape measure shows that Fluxx cards measure in at 3.5(just under
actually)x2.25.  So, how do they stack up against Fluxx cards size wise?  Is
there a large noticeable difference between the size of the cards?

On their site it does say that they work fine through most modern printers,
but they say some of the older printers have a sharp turn which may cause
the cards to separate (what older means in terms of computers, I can't say
for certain).  As well, apparently there have been some complaints about the
HP all-in-ones.  I happen to have one of those, so I'm asking for more
information myself.

Thanks,
Scott Sulzer