Looney Labs Fluxx Mailing list Archive

Re: [Fluxx] Cheese Shop and Get On With It!

  • From"Bryan Stout" <bryan.stout@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • DateThu, 06 Nov 2008 23:43:25 -0500
From: "Buddha Buck" <blaisepascal@xxxxxxxxx>
Hmmm, another hypothetical situation:

I have no creepers or keepers, but have some in my hand.  The Goal is
Cheese Shop, so in order to win I have to get rid of my hand without
playing the creepers in my hand.  I have multiple plays left.  I play
"Draw 3, Play 2 Of Them" (D3P2).  I set aside my hand, and draw "Get
On With It" (GOWI) and two {cr,k}eepers.  I play GOWI, and since it is
"any time before my final Play", I invoke GOWI.  Do I win before I
draw 3?  Do I still have to play the 2nd card from D3P2?

This raises an interesting point: your hand is set aside for Actions such as D3P2 and D2&U (Draw 2 & Use 'Em). So if you take advantage of a card that lets you discard your entire hand (like Discard & Draw, or GOWI), do the extra cards you just drew count as part of your hand?

I think they do. So in your situation above, you could invoke GOWI and win, if you discard your set-aside hand as well as the two Keepers you just drew.

Notice I said Keepers. If you had drawn Creepers, they would not be in your hand, but now in front of you, and you could not win with The Cheese Shop.

Bryan