Looney Labs Fluxx Mailing list Archive

Re: [Fluxx] Cheese Shop and Get On With It!

  • From"Bryan Stout" <bryan.stout@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • DateFri, 07 Nov 2008 13:35:33 -0500
He didn't win. The option to discard your entire hand carries a requirement that you immediately draw replacement cards. You must obey the entire sentence. The two events happen in a sequence, but both must happen before anything else can occur.

-- Andy

Thank, Andy. You save me the trouble of doing research about the issue :-). I'll assume that the general principle is: you cannot declare a win while the most recent card played or invoked is being resolved.

(I say "most recent" because cards like D3P2 and D2&U result in playing several more cards. If you play D2&U and then play a Keeper that fulfills a goal, you don't have to play the second card you drew before declaring the win.)

Bryan