Re: [Icehouse] new Treehouse rules layout

  • From"Ryan McGuire and Kerry Breitenbach" <kerry_and_ryan@xxxxxxx>
  • DateSun, 22 Jan 2006 10:04:00 -0500
----- Original Message ----- From: <Ragnardove@xxxxxxx>
As a side question:  why is Black part of Rainbow.  Rainbows to  me are
light, airy... white goes better with that, I think. On the flip side, I think of outer space when I hear the word "Xeno" and space = black to me. I'd prefer White in the Rainbow mix and Black in the Xeno mix, unless it's already in place for those two set to be those mixes. Just my tuppence on that subject.

I was just writing a message that made the same suggestion -- just not as eloquestly. However, the white <--> black swap just a subpoint of bigger question:

Why have multiple colors. I understand that once you're playing a single-stash game, it doesn't matter what colors (or lack of colors) you use. But once someone buys Treehouse, they have a tree house set that isn't good for any multistash game. For instance, two Treehouse consumers can't together and play a game of Martian Mud Wrestling. Four can't colaborate and make an IceTowers set. The closest this scheme can come to making the piece sets for a regular game is that five can make of a Volcano set sans caps.

I understand that multi-color sets have a few advantages:
- They're prettier.
- They make rules explanations easier.
- People are used to using different colors to distinguish piece ownership.
And those can't be ignored.

I'm just concerned that BECAUSE a Treehosue set is a deadend product, it WON'T serve as a gateway to the wider world of Icehouse games. Then again, do the Zendo and IceTowers boxed sets serve as gateways? How many instances are there of purchasers of those products going on to buy something else?

Ryan