Re: [Icehouse] new Treehouse rules layout

  • FromLaurie Menke <laurie_menke@xxxxxxxxx>
  • DateTue, 24 Jan 2006 06:13:14 -0800 (PST)
Here are yet a few more thoughts:

--Come up with a total of 12 single-stash games--it
sounds like we've got 6 or 7 already.  Put one in each
color stash, plus the rainbow and xeno mixes.  I like
the idea of a mini color-dependent game (Volcano?) for
the two mixed stashes.  Create a display box that
holds stashes 12 wide so that each color or
combination can be displayed.  The stickers on the
outside should each announce the game inside and have
a little teazer paragraph, but put complete and clear
rules with graphics on paper on the inside.  Pay for
this by marking up ALL stashes to $9.  So in other
words, "We're raising our stash price a little, but
look--now each one is a stand-alone game, and they're
STILL under $10!"  My reasoning:  I'm picturing myself
at Christmas time.  I'm in a hurry and looking for
something fun and inexpensive for all my friends.  If
I see a little tube of a game that looks interesting,
I might buy it for one friend, but if I see a display
of several different games with the same cute little
pyramids, I'd buy one of each and give each friend a
different one.  Or if I just bought one for myself and
enjoyed it, I'd come back and buy several others
later, though I might not get on the web and buy the
regular stashes.

--Offer Rabbits the stickers, instructions, and dice
separately for a dollar or two so they can convert
their existing stashes.  :o)

--Have a special game design contest just for
single-stash games--particularly if they make good use
of a color theme (such as green for Treehouse or a
color-dependent game for the multi-color sets).  Offer
$100 prizes for each game that ends up being used on a
stash tube.  That ought to get more people putting
their thinking caps on.  ;o)  You might only have one
or two stashes ready for your upcoming event, but you
could aim to have the entire set ready for next
Christmas.

--Spend all your time reading messages from
overzealous Rabbits such as myself instead of actually
running your company.  ;o)

My Best,
Laurie