Re: [Icehouse] Re: Single-Stash Games Designers Wanted

  • FromDoug Orleans <dougorleans@xxxxxxxxx>
  • DateThu, 5 Apr 2007 12:09:28 -0400
David Artman writes:
 > Regarding the single stash (SS) versus Treehouse set (TH) Categories, I
 > am going to propose the following guidelines, which I will add to the
 > Category pages' descriptions, if everyone agrees:
 > * If the game uses no more than 15 pieces and color is irrelevant, it's
 > "single stash."
 > * If the game uses no more than 15 pieces and color is relevant or is
 > used to distinguish piece ownership during play, it's "Treehouse set."

By these definitions, the game Treehouse is a "single stash" game,
since color is irrelevant-- location on the table is the only thing
needed to distinguish piece ownership.

 > * A game is tagged as both ONLY IF it has variants that allow for the
 > use of either a SS or TH.

Is there any "single stash" game that couldn't also be played with a
Treehouse set?  Oh, hmm, I guess games that require more than 3 opaque
pieces?

--dougorleans@xxxxxxxxx