Re: [Icehouse] Xeno color mapping for Homeworlds

  • From"Rob Bryan" <2short2@xxxxxxxxx>
  • DateMon, 4 Jun 2007 18:26:35 -0600
On 6/4/07, Andy Looney <andy@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

But perhaps James has the answer:

> Blue=Cyan Obvious correlation
> Red=Orange Hottest colours
> Yellow=Clear Lightest colours
> Green=Purple Both are one step from blue

That's not bad, actually... the Green-Purple becomes the hard one to
remember, but Jacob seemed to think they work logically, and they're both
in the cool end of the spectrum... I think I could live with this choice,
what do others think? (In particular, TwoShort and Zoltar?)

I like it. Red=Orange and Yellow=Clear feel like the must-haves to me.
As noted, I can go either way with Cyan.  I tend to put Purple with
Blue by thinking of it in rainbow order as  Violet.  While it doesn't
go with green color wise, I guess I like Jabobs logic on some level:
Purple does feel somehow... fecund.