Re: [Icehouse] Re: wwNEWS - Twin Win at HersheyPark

  • From"James Hazelton" <jameshazelton@xxxxxxxxx>
  • DateFri, 7 Sep 2007 14:57:45 -0500
I may be in the minority, but I really like calling it the Ice Game Design Competition. True, "Ice" by itself doesn't mean anything, but that's why it's special: it's like a brand name! Changing it to "Icehouse GDC" or "Pyramid GDC" would be like calling the Olympics "Worldwide Athletics Competition 2008." "Ice" is a specific name for this specific competition. I don't think it was ever meant to be a bland descriptive word--they would have simply said "Icehouse GDC" in the first place.