Re: [Icehouse] Re: wwNEWS - Twin Win at HersheyPark

  • FromDoug Orleans <dougorleans@xxxxxxxxx>
  • DateFri, 7 Sep 2007 16:34:13 -0400
Avri Klemer writes:
 > "Ice Game Design Competition" means nothing.  It's Icehouse, and when not
 > abbreviating, that's how I have referred to it, too.
 >
 > I'm assuming that someone at some point just got lazy on the wiki, and it
 > stuck.

According to my (incomplete) mail archives, it was originally called
the "Icehouse Game Design Contest", and somewhere between the Third
and Fourth the name morphed into the "Ice Game Design Competition".
(I'm guessing this was contagion from the Interactive Fiction
Competition.)  Personally I prefer the original name, but that's a very
weak preference.

--dougorleans@xxxxxxxxx

P.S. This also explains why the URL contained "contest".