RE: [Icehouse] Re: wwNEWS - Twin Win at HersheyPark

  • DateFri, 07 Sep 2007 11:05:27 -0700
> From: "Avri Klemer" <avri@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
> Date: Fri, September 07, 2007 1:51 pm
> To: "Icehouse Discussion List" <icehouse@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
>
> Do it, David.
>
> "Ice Game Design Competition" means nothing.  It's Icehouse, and when not
> abbreviating, that's how I have referred to it, too.
>
> I'm assuming that someone at some point just got lazy on the wiki, and it
> stuck.

My guess is that someone said, "But Icehouse is a game, so we should
generalize it to all possible games" and "Ice" somehow stuck instead of
"Pyramid".

Me? I'd actually prefer "Pyramid Games Design Competition" BUT the brand
is now officially the "Icehouse Game System," and so the need to
disambiguate wans while the brand-alignment need waxes.

I'll give the list a few more days to respond before committing to
"Icehouse," but I don't anticipate much (if any) objection.
David