RE: [Icehouse] Marking Martian Coasters as Xeno

  • DateThu, 04 Oct 2007 11:33:03 -0700
> From: "Bob Winans" <rwinans@xxxxxxxxxxx>
> Get some label paper.
> In the center of each square, apply the correctly colored circle.
>
> Now you can see them even if several squares are covered.
> They are not intrusive. I.E. you can still use them as a rainbow set.
> They are removable, if you ever choose to do so.

Not bad... not bad at all... pondering.

Can't see a major flaw, so long as one did a bit of experimenting to
determine the "right" size of circle: an exact balance between
unobtrusive when used as Rainbow and obviousness when used as Xeno.
Mixed in with Rainbow (no circles) though... yep, there'd be no question
which were Xeno.

Misses on a few of my minor criteria (affects original material "feel",
vulnerable to damage/ink staining) but that could somewhat be said of
the "background X" of mine (ink bleeding).

But it's, at least, two nearly balanced (to me) choices facing me, now;
and yours has the advantage of being undoable, assuming the label glue
isn't some kind of insanely strong stuff (hmmm... more likely is a bunch
of dots dropping off the coasters at random times, due to weak glue).

Thanks!
David