Re: [Icehouse] Winter 2008 IGDC Rankings!

  • FromDoug Orleans <dougorleans@xxxxxxxxx>
  • DateWed, 20 Feb 2008 16:42:27 -0500
Jorge Arroyo writes:
 > I don't understand much about this ranking method, but I just lost a lot of
 > confidence in it... I can't say I find that irony very funny, as I do like
 > my own game a lot, and don't think it deserved 7th place... I'm really
 > looking forward to all the feedback (especially the negative feedback) that
 > I'm (hopefully) about to get. I hope I can turn Virus Fight into a better
 > game.

I'm planning to write up my thoughts about all the games sometime
soon, but for now I will just say that I thought Virus Fight was head
and shoulders above the other 7 games, and I'm pretty surprised it
didn't win, especially given the apparent preference towards no-luck
games in past competitions (VF was the only such game this time).
Jorge, I think the game is fine as it is, and I hope you don't get
discouraged by the results of this particular vote.

--dougorleans@xxxxxxxxx