Re: [Icehouse] Binary Homeworlds help needed

  • FromJ B Bell <tquidca@xxxxxxxxx>
  • DateWed, 11 Feb 2009 08:41:41 -0800
Here you go!

http://www.wunderland.com/WTS/Ginohn/games/Homeworlds/HomeworldsRules.html

--JB

On Wed, Feb 11, 2009 at 8:34 AM, miyu <xmiyux@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Binary Homeworlds help needed!

I run an after school game club for the students at my high school.  My intention is to teach them to play Binary Homeworlds after school today.  In preparation I took home my copy of Threehouse and Playing With Pyramids last night and refreshed myself on the rules.  Then I promptly left the books sitting on my desk at home.

So, I need someone to correct me on any mistakes I might be making in these general rules as well as remind me what the colors signify.

Green – Grow

Red – Attack

Yellow – Move

Blue – Trade?

Black – not used?

I know each player makes a binary star at the beginning with 2 large pieces as their home system.  Players can only move ships to star systems that do not share a piece size as the system a ship is leaving.  You get one action a turn unless you cash in a ship for actions equal to number of pip counts.

I specifically forget what causes an overpopulation.  How many of one color in a star system causes this?

Note: I was taught the game at Origins 2008 and haven't had the opportunity to play since. :(

          Thanks!

              -Ryan

Ora, lege, lege, lege, relege, labora et invenies.