Re: [Icehouse] Poll: How Do You Store?

  • From"Tucker" <jazzfish@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • DateWed, 4 Mar 2009 08:59:33 -0500 (EST)
> Q1) How do you store your pyramids? Be specific (e.g. stacks of nests in
> tubes in a Purple Bag; nests upright in a custom wooden box with foam
> padding; etc).

On a shelf: GRYB in a Zendo box, original tubes (or box in the case of
Pink) for the rest. Plus a half-dozed filled stashes in a pencilcase.

> Q2) How did you purchase your collection of pyramids? Be specific (e.g.
> all mono stashes, over years; some mono, some Treehouse; all Treehouse,
> except for gray and pink; etc).

Purchased a Martian Chess Set + Black Ice way back when. Those got filled
with hot glue by the lovely Emily for playing Icehouse. I replaced the MCS
stashes with a Zendo box during whatever year Zendo was first available
(that may have been a gift, come to think of it), and bought the rest in
single stashes as they became available. Exception: I didn't pick up Cyan
(and possibly Grey either?) until the Rabbit Points closeout.

> Q3) Do you think your storage solution is impacted by the product
> package? If so, how so?

I'm inherently lazy and prefer to use existing packaging if it's got a
reasonably small footprint and is stable. The Zendo box is about as much
extra space as I'm willing to put up with. It gets a pass partly because
of Alex Bradley's great art. The original MCS box shattered at some point
after being hauled around for several years, and the Black Ice bag was
repurposed into a dice bag.

--
It is in the nature of poets to misuse their sources.
 --John M. Ford, "The Lost Dialogue"