Re: [Icehouse] Poll: How Do You Store?

  • FromJohn <datainadequate@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • DateWed, 4 Mar 2009 09:16:29 +0000
2009/3/3 David Artman <david.artman@xxxxxxxxx>
Q1) How do you store your pyramids? Be specific (e.g. stacks of nests in tubes in a Purple Bag; nests upright in a custom wooden box with foam padding; etc).

Martian Chess set in the plastic box it came in. Volcano caps in their plastic bag also fit inside this box. Black stash in original plastic tube. 3 x Treehouse Xeno sets in their original plastic tubes. All of these live in a smart cardboard storage/filing box from IKEA, along with the 3House book, Martian Coasters, Aquarious and all my other very-small-box games.

Q2) How did you purchase your collection of pyramids? Be specific (e.g. all mono stashes, over years; some mono, some Treehouse; all Treehouse, except for gray and pink; etc).

Martian Chess set from FLGS.
Volcano Caps, Black stash and Treehouse Xeno sets mail order.

I bought the Black stash when I heard about the changeover to Treehouse packaging, so I would have the equivalent to 5 x Treehouse Rainbow sets. Then I couldn't resist getting enough Xeno sets to play 3House games. Strangely, the pyramid games that have been most popular with my gaming friends have been Martian Coasters and Torpedo.

Q3) Do you think your storage solution is impacted by the product package? If so, how so?

Seeing as I like to store games in their original packaging, and don't have the time/inclination/skills to make anything I would consider to be better, I guess it is.

regards,

John