Re: [Icehouse] IGDC Winter 2009?

  • FromRoger Burton West <roger@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • DateTue, 17 Mar 2009 16:19:19 +0000
On Tue, Mar 17, 2009 at 11:54:55AM -0400, Dale Newfield wrote:

>My only fear is that the 0-99 range is so large that arbitrary decisions
>each judge makes about how wide a distribution within that range to use
>will all dramatically effect the final scores.

Whatever the range, some suggestion as to how to score a game might lead
to greater consistency in the use of it. Perhaps a mid-range score could
be labelled as "I will probably play this again, not just because it's
part of the competition", something lower than that "not much fun as it
stands, but could be better if fixed up", something even lower "I hated
this game", and so on.

Roger