Re: [Icehouse] IGDC Winter 2009?

  • FromDale Newfield <dale@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • DateTue, 17 Mar 2009 12:16:39 -0400
Dale Sheldon wrote:
On Tue, 17 Mar 2009, Dale Newfield wrote:
My only fear is that the 0-99 range is so large that arbitrary decisions each judge makes about how wide a distribution within that range to use will all dramatically effect the final scores.

Well, how about 0-9 then? That increases the chance of ties, but probably not terribly. Really, anything that's bounded by zero at one end will be fine; you don't have to limit it to integers either, but then some smartypants will vote "square root of 7", and that makes all your math more annoying.

I think that 0-9 would address my concern, but if your goal is also to avoid ties, I'd suggest you want at least as many different (integer) scores as the number of games in the contest...

-Dale