Re: [Icehouse] Your favorite (and least favorite) 3 (or 7) games

  • FromJoshua Kronengold <mneme@xxxxxx>
  • DateMon, 23 Mar 2009 18:06:02 -0500
Karl von Laudermann writes:
>On Mar 23, 2009, at 1:28 PM, David Artman wrote:
>> 2) Volcano - Yeah, sue me! I'll play it, but only if you don't spend
>> 50 moves avoiding eruption every turn.
>The group I used to play Looney games with regularly had a unique
>solution for handling the downtime inherent to playing Volcano with
>overly analytical players: we always played Volcano and Cosmic Wimpout
>simultaneously.

Now, me, I just prefer to play Volcano, with a clock (just as I prefer
to play Chess with a clock).

The problem is that players who aren't used to clocks will tend to
move -too- fast, not realizing how long a 15 minute clock actually is.

--
       Joshua Kronengold (mneme@(io.com, labcats.org)) |\      _,,,--,,_  ,)
--^--   "Did you know, if you increment enough, you   /,`.-'`'   -,  ;-;;'