Re: [Icehouse] Your favorite (and least favorite) 3 (or 7) games

  • From"David L. Willson" <DLWillson@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • DateMon, 23 Mar 2009 13:34:58 -0600 (MDT)
> OK, I'll bite...
me too

> Favorites
> 1) Zendo - I teach it all the time, friends request it all the time, I
> wrote the single-stash variant. ;)

The ~what~?  I ...  How the Heck does ~that~ work?
/me pictures recycling pyramids at 3, count them, 3 koans.

Last few fun rules:
 - All pyramids have matching opacity.  (ie: all are translucent or all are opaque)
 - The pip total of flats is the square of the pip total of uprights.
   They tried for a few rounds, then gave up in disgust when I put up the inevitable 1 upright pawn, 1 flat pawn to disprove a guess.
 - The pip total of red must be exactly 5.
   I realize it's a simple rule, but I had to recycle another player's koan in order to build a koan test the theory; this is the first time we've had to do that!
 - Every ray must be perpendicular to every other ray.
   Clarifiers, if needed:
    - "A ray is not considered perpendicular to itself, so a koan with only one pyramid cannot have the BN."
    - "Rays pointing in opposite directions are parallel, not perpendicular, no matter whether the rays touch the opposing pyramid or not."