Re: [Icehouse] Your favorite (and least favorite) 3 (or 7) games

  • FromDavid Artman <david.artman@xxxxxxxxx>
  • DateMon, 23 Mar 2009 15:40:17 -0400
On Mon, Mar 23, 2009 at 3:34 PM, David L. Willson <DLWillson@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> 1) Zendo - I teach it all the time, friends request it all the time, I
> wrote the single-stash variant. ;)

The ~what~?  I ...  How the Heck does ~that~ work?
/me pictures recycling pyramids at 3, count them, 3 koans.

http://www.icehousegames.org/wiki/index.php?title=Ikkozendo

It's simplified, of course--no guessing stones, no student-built koans and, thus, no "record" of BN and ~BN koans. Just guess on your turn, and if you're wrong I adjust one or both of the starting koans to disprove you. I have never been stumped for a way to disprove with a single Treehouse set.

(Truth be told--when I haven't had a TH set one me, I've done this with decks of cards, boxed and books fo matches, and even straws, and never had a problem... though i had a bit more than 15 of some of those.)

You can even do it with a monochrome stash, though rules rregarding color are, obviously, not possible. Given the number of other characteristics of a pyramid (orientation, size, pip count, relationship relative to tohers) that's no great loss.