Re: [Icehouse] 2009 pyramid game awards: who wants to help

  • FromBryan Stout <stoutwb@xxxxxxxxx>
  • DateMon, 17 May 2010 13:54:00 -0400
1. Opponents: I can play most games solo, doing each player's turn
from his point of view -- it's how I do initial playtesting of any
game ideas I have, anyway -- so I think for most of the first pass
it's ok if we play them solo.

2.  Games in Development: The possibility of an award-winning game
being altered later doesn't bother me -- it happens with published
games a lot anyway.  Eliminating all games in development up front
concerns me for two reasons: A) some people haven't changed the status
of their game(s) because they haven't gotten around to it (myself, for
example :-); B) we could be excluding some pretty mature designs (such
as Amoeba, which I like a lot even thought it's listed under "Initial
Game Designs").  If we're going to exclude games in development we
ought to at least give the authors a chance to reclassify their games,
and/or state they'd like their game considered even though it's "not
finished".

Regards,
Bryan