Re: [Icehouse] Big wiki change

  • FromBryan Stout <stoutwb@xxxxxxxxx>
  • DateThu, 24 Mar 2011 13:44:55 -0400
On Thu, Mar 24, 2011 at 1:18 PM, Marc Hartstein <marc.hartstein@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Excerpts from Bryan Stout's message of Thu Mar 24 12:57:30 -0400 2011:
> I was able to set options so that I am emailed whenever a new thread is
> started.  Also, once a thread starts I can click on "Follow" so that I am
> emailed all responses to the thread; you can specify if you want the notice
> immediately, daily, etc.  I have not found a way to automatically Follow
> every thread, but at least there is a way to keep in touch through email.

I tried to do that, but have never gotten it working. It doesn't appear
to be stuck in the spam-trap, either.

Could you provide instructions for how you got it working?

1. I clicked on "My Page" on the top menu bar.

2.  Then I went to the My Settings page by either:
A.  In the first column, clicking on "Manage My Page"
B.  In the last column, clicking on "Settings"

3.  Then I clicked on "Email" in the first column.

4. Then I checked on all the options I wanted.  I have them all checked except "Tell me when someone new joins the Fan Club".

Actually, now that I look at it, I don't see anything that sets how often I get my email sent.  I guess I was getting that mixed up with other sites.

And, I can only ask it to notify of new threads in my Groups, not in the general Discussions that are not part of a Group.  Still, it is useful, since important matters are often discussed in the Groups.

Bryan