Re: [Icehouse] Big wiki change

  • FromJoshua Kronengold <mneme@xxxxxx>
  • DateThu, 24 Mar 2011 11:16:00 -0500
Kristin writes:
><http://looneylabs.ning.com/forum/topics/big-icewiki-change>

>I would like to encourage everyone to join the conversation in
>the new forums if you can...  I realize change is hard, and can
>be annoying, but many new pyramid fans will be a part of the
>conversation in the new location, and it would be great to keep
>the discussion in one place!

FWIW, I don't think this is a laudible goal.

Some people (like me, for instance) don't have a lot of time to poll
the web forums but can keep up with email.  I'll look at ning
sometimes, but frankly, I can hardly keep track of lj, and haven't
been to ning for about 4 months.

Some people won't subscribe to the lists, but are great with ning.

So unless ning is also providing a "send me everything as email"
option, you actually get the most communication from the most people
by having discussion in both places.

Really, the model of communication for the current Internet is
"disaspora" -- and you lose a lot more by fighting it than by
embracing it.

>> ---Ryan, wiki admin

Q: are there Subjunctive Mediawiki features on the wiki right now?  I
know we'd talked about adding them, but I haven't followed up.

If so, the best way to do a Big Reorg is to go through and tag all
games with their Real Status, then recode the new destination pages as
queries on Real Status.

--
     Joshua Kronengold (mneme@xxxxxx) "Release the tera-  |\      _,,,--,,_  ,)
--^--port patents...and drop everything into the public  /,`.-'`'   -,  ;-;;'